- Single layer fiber glass-based construction
- Blended shades and dimensional appearance of natural slate
- 8″ exposure, 18″ x 36″ size, 240 lbs per square
- UL Certified to meet ASTM D3018, Type 1
- UL 790 Class A Fire Resistance
- ASTM E 108 Class A Fire Resistance
- UL 2390/ASTM D 6381 Class H Wind Resistance
- ASTM D3161, Class F 110 mph Wind Resistance
Applying a roof system correctly is essential to the warranty and performance of the roof. Backed by over 100 years of excellence in the roofing industry, CertainTeed developed a complete set of installation instructions for their roofing products in both English and Spanish. These installation instructions describe and illustrate the steps involved in installing CertainTeed asphalt roofing products.
CertainTeed warrants that its shingles will be free from manufacturing defects, and provides the extra assurance of SureStart™ protection. Below are highlights of the warranty for Highland Slate™. See CertainTeed’s Asphalt Shingle Products Limited Warranty document for specific warranty details regarding this product.
Lifetime limited transferable warranty against manufacturing defects on residential applications