Presidential Shake IR’s sculpted edges and staggered design combine to give your roof the charm and beauty of authentic wood shakes. Presidential Shake, made of two laminated layers of the industry”s most durable materials, was the first of its kind. No other shingle replicates the look of real wood shakes quite so stunningly.
- The unique sculpted design of Presidential Shake but with the added tougher fiberglass base to help achieve the highest impact resistant rating from U.L.
- This shingle has been tested to withstand the impact of a 2″ steel ball being dropped from 20 feet in the air
- In some areas, insurance companies offer homeowner discounts if you install an impact-resistant shingle
- Impact resistant: UL 2218 Class 4 ratiing
- Fiber glass-based construction
- 355 lbs. per square
- UL Class A fire resistance rating
- UL certified to meet ASTM D3462
- Conforms to CSA standard A123.5
Applying a roof system correctly is essential to the warranty and performance of the roof. Backed by over 100 years of excellence in the roofing industry, CertainTeed developed a complete set of installation instructions for their roofing products in both English and Spanish. These installation instructions describe and illustrate the steps involved in installing CertainTeed asphalt roofing products.
CertainTeed warrants that its shingles will be free of manufacturing defects, and provides the extra assurance of SureStart™ protection. Below are highlights of the warranty for Presidential Shake™ IR. See CertainTeed’s Asphalt Shingle Products Limited Warranty document for specific warranty details regarding this product.
Lifetime, limited transferable warranty